Opportunities for Youth
- Opportunities for Age 13
- Opportunities for Ages 14-15
- Opportunities for Ages 16-17
- Opportunities for Youth and Families (all ages)
Youth Volunteer Guidebook
The Youth Volunteer Guidebook is the perfect companion app for young people who are interested in volunteer service and community leadership development. Download the free app today on Apple and Android devices:
Frequently asked questions about the app:
- What's inside the app?
- Info for young people to help get them started volunteering locally
- A directory of local nonprofits organizations organized for age group and impact area
- Info about upcoming Volunteer New York! events, additional resources, videos, a youth blog, and more!
- How much does it cost?
- Do I have to create a separate account or provide personal details to use it?
- No. Creating a user profile within the app is optional.
- Click SKIP on the top of the screen after opening the app for the first time to skip logging in or creating a profile.
- Who is it for?
- Local young people and students who are interested in serving locally or completing volunteer hour requirements.
- This app can also be used by parents, families, counselors, mentors, and teachers as a conversation starter, teaching tool, and research aid.
- Where does support for the app come from?
- The Youth Volunteer Guidebook was launched in 2017 with support from the Carvel Foundation.
Schools and Groups
Schedule our staff to present our Be The Change program to your students; a presentation that encourages service and shows how youth can use volunteerism for professional and personal development
Use our group management software to organize your service club and find service opportunities for your group
Visit volunteerneywork.org/holiday for ideas and ways to give back during the holiday season from November to December
Get involved during 9/11: Serve + Remember
Visit volunteernewyork.org/summer for great summer opportunities from May to August
Volunteer as a group on MLK Day each January
Opportunities for Youth and Families (all ages)
Re-defining family time with service as a family activity! Volunteer service is a great way for families to work together and to bond over common interests. Our website provides a variety of tools for families who are looking to play an active role in their communities. Whether it is for a single day or for a long-term project, your family can make a difference and create memories along the way. Here are a couple of ways to get started:
- Find a service project for your family through our service database or through the Youth Volunteer Guidebook.
- Register your family as a team in our database.
- Get involved during one of our community-wide days of service
- Find out more about 9/11: Serve + Remember
- Find out more about MLK Day
- Find seasonal volunteer opportunities
- Give back during the Holiday Season
- Summer Volunteering
- Join a local program that encourages volunteerism and family involvement.
For more information on how your family can serve please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 914-227-9301.