As an AmeriCorps Seniors grantee, RSVP of Westchester is a program hosted by Volunteer New York! that is open specifically to individuals in Westchester age 55 and older.
For individuals age 55 and over only
When you Join RSVP of Westchester, you decide how, where, and how often you want to serve, with commitments ranging from a few hours to 40 hours per week.
Help a struggling child learn to read. Drive an elderly neighbor to an important doctor's appointment. Support Veterans and Military Families impacted by food insecurity. These are just a few of the service opportunities available to you through RSVP of Westchester.
Make giving back your second act. AmeriCorps Seniors volunteers bring their unique skillsets and experiences to help American people and communities thrive.
Each year, hundreds of thousands of AmeriCorps Seniors volunteers work alongside each other for the betterment of every community. Are you ready to do your part? APPLY NOW
You’ll forge new relationships with people in your community and make a significant difference in the lives of others.
RSVP of Westchester also provides tangible benefits including pre-service orientation, training from the organization where you choose to serve, and supplemental insurance while on duty, as well as travel reimbursement, and exclusive access to workshops and annual recognition events.
Below is the current list of local agencies where you can serve as a member of RSVP of Westchester:
- At Home on the Sound
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Westchester
- Carver Center
- Center for Aging in Place
- DOROT Westchester
- Family Service Society of Yonkers
- Gramatan Village
- Greenburgh Evergreen Club
- Health Insurance Information Counseling & Assistance Program (HIICAP)
- Hospice Care Network
- Hudson River Museum
- Hugh Doyle Senior Center
- It Takes a Village 10591
- Lifting Up Westchester
- Montefiore New Rochelle Hospital
- Mt. Vernon Armory Senior Center
- Mt. Vernon Youth Bureau
- New York-Presbyterian Westchester (formerly Lawrence Hospital)
- New Rochelle Cares
- New York State Veterans Home at Montrose
- Open Book (a program of Family Service Society of Yonkers)
- RideConnect of Family Services of Westchester
- St. John's Riverside Hospital
- St. Joseph’s Medical Center
- VA Hudson Valley Healthcare System
- Volunteer New York!
- Wartburg Adult Care Community
- Westchester Community College
- Westchester Library System
- White Plains Hospital Center
- Yonkers Partners in Education (YPIE)
- Yonkers YMCA
For further program and membership information please contact:
Cheryl Brandwein, Manager RSVP of Westchester
We are an AmeriCorps Seniors grantee and receive funds through their RSVP program.
Additional support for RSVP of Westchester is funded in part by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, New York State Office for the Aging, and the Westchester County Department of Senior Programs and Services.