How It Works ↧
1. Register Your Local 501(c)3
2. List Your Organization's Needs
3. We help match volunteers and promote your opportunities
About Our Nonprofit Services
For over 70 years, Volunteer New York! has worked closely with local nonprofits to ensure they have the support they need to make a difference. We are here to make your volunteer recruitment easier and to satisfy your volunteer resource needs. Your mission is our mission to support.
Whether you are new to the field or an experienced Volunteer Administrator, it is our job to make sure you and your volunteer program shine.
Take advantage of our services to help build your organization's capacity:
- The ability to easily post, edit, and share your volunteer opportunities in our online database
- Expand your audience: all opportunities posted on https://www.volunteernewyork.org automatically appear in our search engine, opportunity calendar, and through our national partner AllForGood.org (including Neighborhood for Good)
- Community outreach, recruitment, and volunteer matchmaking
- Gain access to new volunteer markets such as local corporations, schools/colleges, and skills-based volunteers
- Create an exclusive profile page for your organization
- Board Development
- Professional Development
- Benefits for your volunteers who are 55 and older
- Volunteer recognition opportunities
- Raise awareness for your cause during Community Wide Action Days
New to Volunteer New York!?
We'll stop by your nonprofit to help you assess or review your organization's needs and volunteer opportunities:
Register Your Nonprofit With Volunteer New York! Today!
Benefits of signing up include:
- Post unlimited volunteer opportunities and training events in our online database
- Manage your volunteers using our online management software
- Report attendance and service hours
- Access to advertise your volunteer needs in our newsletter to over 23,000 local subscribers
- Consult with staff about your volunteer job descriptions posted on our website
- List your organization in our Youth Volunteer Guidebook app
- Learn about trends and volunteer best practices through our monthly newsletter for agencies
- Nominate your volunteers for our annual Volunteer Spirit Awards
- Be part of our community-wide days of service such as 9/11: Serve and Remember and the MLK Day of Service
- Through site visits, explore ways our signature programs could help to further strengthen your mission, such as Leadership Westchester, RSVP of Westchester, RISE (which helps connect individuals with IDDs to inclusive ongoing volunteer opportunities in the community), and Corporate Days of Service.