Giving Tuesday is an international phenomenon that's about supporting nonprofits on the biggest day of giving of the year, the first Tuesday after Thanksgiving. It was intended to put into perspective extreme shopping days like Black Friday (which is the first Friday after Thanksgiving) and help shine a light on the needs of nonprofits.
For everyone involved, both donors and nonprofits, Giving Tuesday has also become a day for telling your story about why you give or how you help others. Last year there were 113 billion Twitter impressions of tweets that mentioned #GivingTuesday.
Wear Your Care
The Volunteer Hat is an extension of our mission to increase volunteerism and bring our community closer together through service. Every year on Giving Tuesday a volunteer team goes out into the community to hand deliver volunteer hats to local business leaders who have made a commitment to supporting volunteerism in our community.
Why a hat? Because volunteers wear many hats juggling service and life every day. Whether they are a first responder, a mentor, or blood donor the volunteer hat is a symbol of the service, warmth and heart that unifies us all.
If you're a local business that wants to Wear the Hat in 2016, please contact Allison Chader to inquire about availability, as space is limited.
Who Wore the Hat?
Giving Tuesday 2015
- Erica Feynman Aisner, Partner, DDWWW, LLP
- Daniel Aguiar, Apple Maintenance Services, Inc.
- Edwin Beltran, President and CEO KEB Pest Control
- Michele J. Zerafa, Attorney, McLaughlin & Zerafa LLP
- Wendy Wollner, President and CEO, Balancing Life's Issues, Inc.
- Thomas P. Gallin, CFO, John Gallin & Son
- Liz Bracken-Thompson, Partner, Thompson & Bender
- Richard B. Rakow, Rakow Group
- Robert Fay, Clinical Director, Armonk Physical Therapy
- Lisa Pine, Vice President/Sales, Axis Promotions
- Timothy J. Rooney Jr., General Counsel, Empire City Casino
- Eric Lorberfeld, Owner, Growlers Beer Bistro
- David Perlmutter, President, Perlmutter Properties
- Jean Partridge, Chief Counsel, Benchmark Title Agency
- Sherry Schneider, Owner, Century 21 Schneider Realty
- James A. Kirsch, President and CEO, Abigail Kirsch
- Arnold L. Berman, Partner, ABD Associates, LLP
- Lloyd Robinson, President, AWISCO
- Darren Riccio, Owner, Achieve Physical Therapy & Performance Enhancement, PLLC
- Ugo Chiulli, Chief Visionary Officer, Progressive Computing
- Jason C. Schiciano, Co-President, Levitt-Fuirst Associates, Ltd.
- Gary S. Sastow, Attorney, Brown Gruttadaro Gaujean & Prato, PLLC
- Francesco Coli, Chef and Owner, Massa Coastal
- Debbie Bernstein, Account Executive, MRP Lawrence Marketing
- Joe Guilderson, President, Corporate AV
- Michael J. Amoruso, Managing Partner, Amoruso & Amoruso, LLP
- Scott Kofoed, Vice President for Recruiting Service, Health Care Navigator
- Gravity Goldberg, Literary Consultant, Gravity Goldberg, LLC
- Paula Lee, Owner, Peony Nail and Day Spa
- Rosa M. Calabrese, Owner, Rachele Rose Day Spa
- Eli Demeshulam, President, Bedemco, Inc.
- Markham F. Rollins III, President/Westchester, Rollins Agency
- David Severance, President, Advanced Development Services
- Jody E. Rollins, Senior Vice President, Chubb & Son
- Jeffrey M. Warner, Vice President/Leasing, Mack Cali
- Aurora Anthony, CEO, Consolidated Appliance
- Michael Leonardi, General Manager, Authentic Windows
- Laura Matthews, CPA, Matthews & Co.
- Dr. Joseph Comizio, Comizio Orthodontics
- Geri Eisenman Pell, CEO, Pell Wealth Partners
- Dr. Ann Marie Evanko, Orthodontist, Ann Marie Evanko
- Kara Schwartz, Creator, ShoeCandy by Kara Mac
- Scott Carey, Carey & Walsh
- JoAnne Murray, President, Allan Block Insurance Agency, Inc.
- Carolyn Malile, Community Relations Manager, Trusted Media Brands
- Robert Matluck, Managing Director, Merrill Lynch
- Marjorie Lang, Administrative Vice President, M&T Bank
- Ruth H. Mahoney, President, KeyBank Hudson Valley
- Russell J. Carpentieri, Partner and Managing Director, Opus Advisory
- Brian Trainor, President, Home Instead Senior Care
- George Troyano, Publisher, The Journal News/lohud.com.