Age Minimum (with Adult): 16+
Food Pantry Distribution Coordinator
The Food Pantry donation coordinator is responsible for weighing, recording and distributing donated produce to partner food pantries and soup kitchens. This position requires the volunteer to commit to at least one of the two mornings weekly during the season with a minimum 2 month commitment. Days of donation pick up are Mon & Wednesday 8am -12:30pm, the season runs May through November.
- Attend an orientation
- Min. 2 month commitment (Season runs May- November)
- Min. 1 morning (8.am - 12.30pm) weekly commitment (Monday/Wednesday)
- Must be able to use a computer & learn excel.
- Some lifting
At the direction of farmer, duties include weighing and recording produce to be donated; Be on hand to distribute donations to recipient;Volunteer may need to contact organizations about pick up; After donation pick up volunteer will document donations on excel data sheet.
This all takes place at the farm in the office and the Farm Stand.
Being this opportunity includes stretches of unoccupied time there may be opportunity to transcribe other database materials for the farmers.
- Teens 16 and up are encouraged to apply (there is no parental supervision needed) if they can make the commitment.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: