Feed the Funnel: Pack 50,000 Meals for New Rochelle Families (am)
Feed the Funnel in partnership with 911Day and Monroe College – Working in teams, volunteers will pack 50,000 meals for the New Rochelle community. Roles include adding the ingredients to the meal bags, weighing bags to ensure accuracy, heat sealing the bags, placing the bags in boxes and refilling supplies. Volunteers will need to be able to stand for the project. Hair will be covered in a hairnet and please leave all jewelry at home. Volunteers must be at least 18 years old, or 16 - 17 years old with an adult and signed Youth Waiver to participate in this event.
PARKING: Volunteers will need to park at New Roc Parking Garage. It is a 4-minute walk from there to Monroe College.
I am signing up with a family or group, or with children between the ages of 16-17.
- If you are signing up with one or more people, or there are volunteers between the ages of 16-17 in your team, you MUST click "Sign Up With a Family, Group, or Team" below.
- If you are not already logged into your volunteer profile, you will be prompted to log in or register a profile.
- You will be asked to create or select your team. If creating a new team, give your team a name and description, then enter all of the names of your teammates. (Enter your teammates' unique emails if you want them to receive updates on the project or to help them add this project to their personal volunteer activity history. For children, enter their ages.)
- You will be prompted to complete your registration.
I accidentally only registered myself. How do I register as a team?
- Log into your volunteer profile and identify the project you signed up for (by yourself) in your "Upcoming Opportunities" section.
- Click "Remove" to remove yourself from the project.
- Follow steps 1-4 above to register as a team.
Can my child under 16 join me for this project?
- This project is best suited for volunteers who are 18+ and young volunteers aged 16-17 who register alongside an adult. For younger volunteers, please find more age-appropriate family projects at volunteernewyork.org/youth-families. You will always need to "Sign Up With a Family, Group, or Team" with younger volunteers. Please pay attention to minimum age requirements!
Age Minimum (with Adult): 16+, Minimum Age:18+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: