Activity Volunteers for Older Adults
DOROT's Response Team for Older Adults provides a unique opportunity for volunteers to socialize with older adults in Westchester while engaging in activities and tasks. Special Activities Volunteers and their matches can meet for a one-time session or multiple visits, depending on activity requests and availability.
- Walking together in the older adult's neighborhood
- Organizing paperwork or mail
- Playing cards or board games
- Practicing a foreign language
- Accompanying the older adult to a visit to a museum, concert, or other outing
- Must be 18+
- Must complete an orientation and background check, as well as provide references
- Must commit to at least 8 activities
Express interest below to alert the volunteer coordinator of your interest and to get started!
DOROT alleviates social isolation among older adults and provides services to help them live independently as valued members of the community. It serves the Jewish and wider community, bringing the generations together in a mutually beneficial partnership of older adults, volunteers, and professionals.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: