Technology Coaches for Older Adults
DOROT's Tech Coaching for Older Adults Program provides 1:1 support for older adults who want to learn and practice new technology skills on smartphones, tablets, and computers in the comfort of their own homes or over Zoom. Volunteer Tech Coaches should be patient, comfortable with technology, and enthusiastic about helping older adults learn new skills. Tech Coaches and their matches can meet for a one-time session or multiple visits, depending on learning needs and availability.
Volunteer Tech Coaches help older adults with:
- Learning how to use their devices
- Learning programs like Zoom and email
- Accessing social media and entertainment platforms
- How to perform internet searches ("Googling")
- How to install and use new applications
- Must be 18+
- Must complete an orientation, training, and background check, as well as provide references
- Must commit 1-2 hours a week for at least 3 months
Express interest below to alert the volunteer coordinator of your interest and to get started!
DOROT alleviates social isolation among older adults and provides services to help them live independently as valued members of the community. It serves the Jewish and wider community, bringing the generations together in a mutually beneficial partnership of older adults, volunteers, and professionals.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: