Donate Second-Life Supplies for Ukraine
Afya Foundation is collecting new and used durable medical equipment in great and working condition to support Ukrainian refugees with pre-existing medical conditions as well as those who have sustained injuries as a result of the war. Appropriately, this donation drive kicks off on Earth Day—by donating items that they no longer need, volunteers are giving the items a "second life" to simultaneously support Ukraine and the environment. Drop-offs are by appointment only; express interest in a time slot below and proceed to Afya's website to continue your registration.
Note: any used items must be in good, working condition in order to be accepted. Some items can only be accepted if new (indicated in the list below).
Supplies needed (in adult and pediatric sizes):
- Wheelchairs with footrests
- Wheelchair cushions
- Crutches (all types)
- Canes (all types)
- Cervial collars
- Shower chairs (new only)
- Commodes (new only)
This opportunity requires volunteers to register on a separate website. To volunteer:
- Express interest below to record this opportunity in your Volunteer New York! profile. Select "Express Interest with a Family, Group, or Team" if registering with another person or a group of people
- Collect/purchase the supplies listed above. Please make sure any used items are in good, working condition and they are clean
- Click here to register a profile with Afya Foundation. The volunteer coordinator will connect with you to schedule a drop off for your items
Age Minimum (with Adult): 5+, Minimum Age:15+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: