Summer in a Box Donation Drive
ANDRUS is known both for its on-campus residential treatment center as well as providing home-based family support, prevention, intervention, and educational services to residents throughout Southern Westchester. As the warmer months draw near, these families are in need of basic summer essentials that they otherwise cannot afford. Why not help out with Summer in a Box?
Volunteers are needed to purchase new summer essentials from the wishlist below and pack them into a box that will then be delivered to local families in need. All donated items MUST be new, unworn, unused, and in its original packaging or with tags. Please do NOT include any food or candy.
Summer in a Box wishlist:
- New basic T-shirts (all sizes, baby to adult)
- New sunscreen (please place inside sealed Ziploc bag to prevent leaks)
- New flip-flops (all sizes, baby to adult)
- New shorts (all sizes, baby to adult)
- New hats (all sizes, baby to adult)
- Cards and drawings with inspirational and seasonal messages ("Have a happy summer!")
- Please include a piece of paper with the following information:
- Volunteer's full name, phone number, mailing address, and email address
- Approximate number of hours spent collecting and packaging the items
- If family members, friends, or colleagues assisted, please include their names and information, as well as the name of the organization or club the volunteer is affiliated with (i.e. Girl Scout troop, company name, etc.)
- Express interest below to record this opportunity in your Volunteer New York! profile and alert the volunteer coordinator of your interest
- Package items listed above into a sealed box or bag. Make sure the volunteer's contact information is included inside the box
- Drop off at front gate Monday-Friday from 8 a.m.-4 p.m.:
1156 North Broadway
Yonkers, NY 10701
Age Minimum (with Adult): 16+, Minimum Age:14+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: