Direct Care Hospice Volunteers
United Hospice is seeking Direct Care Volunteers to provide companionship to hospice patients and their families. Direct Care Volunteers may also assist caregivers by offering relief and bereavement support, running errands, and providing transportation. Volunteers with professional skills in finance, legal matters, hair styling, manicures, snow shoveling, and house repairs are especially needed.
- Must complete 18 hours of training; trainees are encouraged to attend all sessions. (They may miss one, however it must be made up to successfully complete the course)
- At least 18 years old with access to own transportation
- Must make a one-year commitment to United Hospice
- Must visit with their patients a minimum of 2 hours per week
- Must complete a background check
- Must receive a PPD (Tuberculosis test) and flu shot annually. Other required documentation includes a health form (provided by United Hospice) to be filled out by the volunteer's physician the first year; the volunteer will submit an annual self health evaluation form after that
- Must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccinations and any applicable boosters
- Must display competency skills, such as hand washing, and be evaluated by a hospice RN
- Must provide two personal letters of reference
- United Hospice request that volunteers wait one year following the passing of an immediate family member; this gives them time to process their loss before volunteering
- Must complete a program entrance interview
Sought but not required: Volunteers who can speak a second language, especially Spanish, Creole, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, or Yiddish, are encouraged to apply!
Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: