Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Semester or Summer Internship
Semester or Summer Internship:
Assistant for Operations and Outreach; Assistant for Technical Support
The Sharing Shelf of Family Services of Westchester is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to provide clothing to children from families in financial need.
The Sharing Shelf is seeking interns who will be responsible for:
- assisting with day to day warehouse operations:
- training and supervising summer volunteers (adult and teen);
- handling clothing distributions to various agencies;
- assisting with and developing outreach to broaden TSS’s relationships with the community;
- planning and assisting with our backpack distribution program.
- 12-15 hours per week.
- We are open Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
- For summer interns, we seek a 6-week minimum commitment.
- 47 Purdy Avenue, Port Chester, NY 10573.
- The Sharing Shelf is located within an easy walk of the Port Chester Metro North Station, Bee-line Bus Stop and is convenient to I-95 and I-287.
The Sharing Shelf collects new and gently used clothing for infants, youth and teens. The clothing is sorted by size, season and gender then distributed through social service agencies, schools, hospitals and non-profits to children in need at no cost. Each child receives a week’s worth of seasonally appropriate clothing matched into outfits according to that child’s sizing needs. The Sharing Shelf also collects and distributes other basic necessities such as new school supplies, shoes, strollers, infant car seats and pack-n-plays. Donations come from individuals and community clothing drives, as well as from retailers and corporations. Each year, The Sharing Shelf provides more than 2,000 children with clothing and equipment distributed through over fifty agencies, schools, hospitals and programs in Westchester County. The Sharing Shelf was founded by a volunteer and relies on volunteers to achieve its mission.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: