Camp Health Director
New Era Creative Space is looking for a volunteer Camp Health Director for its six-week Nature Connection day camp. Reporting to the Program Coordinator, the Camp Health Director will supervise health and safety for the New Era Creative Space Nature Connection day camp for children in grades K-8. Success in this role will be reflected in a healthy and safe camp environment with excellent first aid and emergency response, if needed. This role supports the summer camp staff in providing a fun, experiential learning experience!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Oversee initial health screening of campers
- Maintain confidential medical histories and records
- Direct daily health screenings and surveillance of campers
- Ensure maintenance of daily medical log
- Design, stock, and ensure maintenance of first aid kits
- Ensure appropriate response to injuries and health emergencies, including emergency preparedness and provisions for professional health care
- Report required incidents to local health department within 24 hours
- Support NECS staff with health and safety matters, as needed
- Communicate with camper parents/families and the NYS Department of Health, as needed
Qualifications and Other Skills
- 2+ years experience in healthcare, preferably working with children
- A connection to the values and mission of the organization
- Maturity, ability to perform under pressure, level-headedness, empathy
- Strong interpersonal skills, including excellent written and verbal communication Current First-Aid and CPR certification
- NYS-licensed MD, NP, PA, RN, LPN or EMT
- Physically able to perform the responsibilities and duties of the role
- Bilingual Spanish/English a plus!
Age Minimum (with Adult): 21+, Minimum Age:21+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: