Trails Without Limits Volunteers - Saxon Woods Park
Trails Without Limits allows individuals living with cerebral palsy, spinal cord injury, amputation, paraplegia, or other disabilities the opportunity to immerse themselves in Westchester County Parks by reserving all-terrain Trackchairs at no cost to them. Individuals—alongside their family, friends, or caregiver and supervised by Westchester Parks Foundation staff—will experience a leisurely guided by a Trail Volunteer. This program will rotate throughout Westchester County Parks from March to November.
Trail Volunteers will:
- Assist with guest check-in
- Provide a Trackchair demonstration for the guest
- Accompany one guest at a time on a 1.5-mile hike
- Assist with transferring users in and out of the Trackchairs (when needed)
Trail Volunteers must:
- Commit to 3-hour shifts (each 3-hour volunteer shift includes up to two hikes)
- Be reliable, personable, and have a passion for working one-on-one with individuals from marginalized communities
- Be physically able to assist with transferring individuals into the Trackchair (when needed)
- Wednesdays: 8:45-11:45 a.m., 11:15 a.m.-2:15 p.m., and/or 1:45-4:45 p.m.
- Thursdays: 8:45-11:45 a.m., 11:15 a.m.-2:15 p.m., and/or 1:45-4:45 p.m.
- Fridays: 8:45-11:45 a.m., 11:15 a.m.-2:15 p.m., and/or 1:45-4:45 p.m.
- Saturdays: 8:45-11:45 a.m., 11:15 a.m.-2:15 p.m., and/or 1:45-4:45 p.m.
Volunteers can select one or more shifts, as well as which days and shifts work best for them. No experience is necessary and all training will be provided; this program will run in inclement weather within reason. This is the perfect opportunity for students, retirees, or individuals with a passion for nature and helping those with disabilities. Express interest below to learn more and to get started!
Age Minimum (with Adult): 14+, Minimum Age:14+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: