Sort Medical Supplies and Save Lives
Afya Foundation volunteers improve the quality of life of communities in need by helping to sort, identify, and pack critical medical supplies that will be shipped locally and overseas. This includes hurricane and earthquake survivors as well as people in war-torn areas.
Volunteer "Sort and Save Lives" projects are usually available Mondays through Thursdays from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. and Fridays from 9 a.m.-12 p.m. Check the Afya website (below) for specific dates and availability. This is the perfect project for employee teams, religious groups, families, individuals of all abilities, and students and individuals with community service requirements.
- Only fully vaccinated volunteers will be permitted in the Afya Foundation warehouse—all volunteers are required to show proof of vaccination. Please bring CDC card or use the NY Excelsior Pass app.
- Pre-registration for all events is required. Afya Foundation does not accept walk-in volunteers. Follow the steps below to register.
- Volunteers will be required to wear masks and gloves, which will be provided upon arrival.
This project requires volunteers to register on a separate website. To volunteer:
- Express interest below to record this opportunity in your Volunteer New York! profile. Select "Express Interest with a Family, Group, or Team" if registering with another person or a group of people
- Click here to register or log in to your Afya Foundation profile and select a specific project on the Afya Foundation website. Every volunteer, including children, must register their own profile on Afya's website. Volunteers who do not complete this step will not be registered!
Age Minimum (with Adult): 5+, Minimum Age:15+, Court Ordered Volunteer - Allowed
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: