Food Pantry Registration Volunteers
Caring for the Hungry & Homeless of Peekskill (CHHOP) operates Fred's Pantry, which provides healthy, nutritious food to residents of Peekskill and the surrounding area. The pantry currently operates twice a week to ensure that community members have access to healthy food for their families.
CHHOP is looking for a couple of dedicated, long-term volunteers who will specifically oversee Fred's Pantry client registrations each week. Volunteers will use an online app called Plentiful to communicate with clients, enable them to make pantry appointments to avoid standing in line, and list household food preferences. The app is easy to use and training and ongoing support will be provided.
- Help set up the computers at least a half hour prior to distribution (Wednesdays at 4 p.m. and Saturdays at 9 a.m.) and ensure computers are secured when Fred's Pantry closes two hours later
- Greet clients and scan their QR codes during distribution and ensure new clients are entered into the system
- Maintain confidentiality of client data
- All volunteers must be vaccinated and agree to and adhere to CHHOP/Fred's Pantry volunteer handbook
- Knowledge of Spanish is a plus!
This opportunity requires you to register on a separate website. To volunteer:
- Express interest below to record this opportunity in your Volunteer New York! profile
- Click here to complete your application. Volunteers who do not complete this step will not be registered!
Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: