Putnam Tax Counselors
Hudson Valley CA$H is a coalition of community partners representing libraries, human service agencies, local government, businesses, faith-based organizations, and volunteers. Together with the IRS and AARP Foundation Tax-Aide, this program aims to promote financial stability for individuals in Putnam, Orange, and Dutchess Counties. The primary mission of the CA$H Coalition is to provide free, reliable tax preparation assistance to low- to moderate-income residents so they can receive all the credits they are entitled to and keep every penny of their tax refund. Many depend on their refund to keep up with their rent, make a necessary car repair, or pay down their credit card. For many of our neighbors, their tax refund might be the biggest check they receive all year.
The United Way of Westchester and Putnam is looking for volunteers to help Putnam County residents prepare their federal and state tax returns in Putnam County as part of the Hudson Valley CA$H program.
- 20 to 40 hours of daytime classroom and study education during December. Volunteers must pass an IRS test after training
- Some experience in tax preparation; have at least filed own personal taxes
- Must be computer literate
- Bilingual individuals are strongly encouraged to apply!
- Estimated 36 hours to complete training in addition to time needed to pass an IRS test
- 5 to 8 hours per week to assist clients from mid-January to mid-April
- Various locations in Putnam County
Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: