Mass Care Volunteers
American Red Cross is looking for volunteers to help with its Mass Care program!
- Participate in meetings, projects, and local response activities (feeding, sheltering, distribution of emergency supplies, and/or reunification)
- Projects may include conducting surveys, meeting with partners to build relationships, counting inventory, updating supply kits, conducting shelter capacity assessments, helping with events, and planning/executing trainings. Volunteers can assist with anything from handing out coffee and sandwiches to the fire department at a parade to providing support to families in shelters if there is a large disaster such as an apartment fire
- Complete tasks from supervisor with little or no supervision
- Adapt to change, negotiate compromise, and tolerate ambiguity
- Build effective relationships with others who can help with work-related goals
- Be sensitive in interactions with diverse groups of people
- Varies depending on regional projects and priorities, but volunteers should expect to spend a minimum of 4 hours over the course of 6 months or more
This project requires volunteers to register on a separate website.
- Express interest below to record this opportunity in your Volunteer New York! profile and to alert the volunteer coordinator.
- Click here to complete your registration. Volunteers who do not complete this step will not be registered!
Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: