Create Starter Kits for Babies
The Sharing Shelf is seeking volunteers to assemble layette kits for babies that will be donated to new parents in need. This is a great opportunity for families, friends, neighbors, community groups, or work colleagues to work together. Each kit should be packaged in 2-gallon zip-close bags and contain:
- Bibs (3-5)
- A baby towel or set of baby towels
- Package of baby wash cloths
- Package of baby burp cloths
- Nail clipper intended for an infant
- Pacifiers (please indicate age on the outside of the kit)
Note: Infant items are often "gender specific" colors. Please choose gender neutral colors or donate a mix of kits in pink and blue.
This is a self-directed project. To volunteer:
- Express interest below to record this opportunity in your Volunteer New York! profile and to alert the volunteer coordinator of your interest. To register with more than one person or as a team, click "Express Interest with a Family, Group, or Team"
- Collect/purchase the items above and assemble the kits as instructed
- Await instructions/links from the volunteer coordinator to both confirm your intention to commit to the project as well as to schedule your drop-off date/time
Age Minimum (with Adult): 5+, Minimum Age:13+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: