Create or Donate Blankets for Children in Need
Westchester-Rockland Project Linus welcomes the donation of new, handmade, machine-washable blankets to be given to children who need a little comfort in Westchester and Rockland Counties. Blankets will receive a Project Linus label and are brought to various agencies and programs that are helping children deal with illness, mental health issues, and/or stresses that arise from homelessness, food insecurity, or challenges related to COVID-19.
Blankets can be knit, crocheted, or sewn. This is a perfect activity for individuals, families, or as a team-building program for businesses, churches/temples, and community groups such as Scouts, Lions, or veterans!
- Express interest below to record this opportunity in your Volunteer New York! profile and to alert the Volunteer Coordinator of your interest
- Make your blankets!
- For popular pattern ideas, visit this “Patterns” page
- For retailers of fabrics, visit this “Friends” page. Many of these businesses offer special discounts (in addition to donating a percentage of these sales) to friends of Project Linus
- After you express interest below, the Volunteer Coordinator will contact you with instructions for donating or dropping off your blankets at one of the drop-off locations in Rockland, Upper Westchester, New Rochelle, or a participating fabric store
Age Minimum (with Adult): 8+, Minimum Age:13+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: