Assemble and Donate Holiday Food Bags for Hungry Families
Volunteers can still make the holidays special and help feed their neighbors experiencing hunger by creating holiday food bags. Holiday food bags provide Westchester children, seniors, and families with food they can use to celebrate during the upcoming holidays. These bags will be distributed to Feeding Westchester's partners and programs throughout Westchester.
Volunteers are needed to assemble bags for holiday side dish favorites or desserts. Volunteers will purchase the items (linked in the shopping list below) and put them in gallon-size Ziploc bags, then drop them off in the collection bins at the provided address. This is a self-directed activity, so volunteers can complete this project at home without needing instructions from a volunteer coordinator.
- Express interest below to record this opportunity in your Volunteer New York! profile
- Collect the items on this shopping list in gallon-sized Ziploc bags. All food items must have nutrition facts and ingredients on labels, and items must be newly purchased (items past "best by date" will not be accepted)
- When bags are completed, drop them off in the collection bins outside of the Feeding Westchester building, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m.-3 p.m.:
200 Clearbrook Road
Elmsford, NY 10523
Age Minimum (with Adult): 5+, Minimum Age:13+, Court Ordered Volunteer - Allowed
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: