Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Volunteers are needed whose tasks would be primarily two-fold:
1. To better orient new patients admitted to the hospital as to what it will be like here (by visiting them in their rooms) – warmly greeting them and perhaps giving them a brief overview of what to expect on their service (we are a physical rehabilitation hospital and comprise of stroke, cardiopulmonary, neurological, brain injury, spinal cord injury and orthopedic rehabilitation services)
2. Visiting patients about to be discharged, perhaps the day prior to, to remind them that they will be getting a survey in the mail after they leave and that we would love to hear from them about their experience so we can learn from them.
We are looking for volunteers who:
- Work within Patient Experience
- Comfortable in rehabilitation hospital setting
- Will involve greeting newly admitted patients and explaining what their hospital stay will be like
- Discussing with patients what will happen the day of discharge and remind them to please answer survey that comes to home.
- Volunteer must be willing to commit at least three hours a day, at least one day a week or more.
- we would like a time commitment for at least one year.
- Excellent communication skills a must
- Physically able to push a wheelchair
- Hours and days of the week are flexible
- Multiple training sessions and orientation will be provided for volunteers
** if interested please contact Marina Harmon, Manager, Patient and Family Relations at 914-597-2598 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: