Age Minimum (with Adult): 13+, Minimum Age:16+
Hilltop Hanover Farm and Environmental Center is a working crop farm and environmental educational center located in Yorktown Heights, NY. The farm was a former dairy farm dating back to the 1600′s. Today the farm is a regional education center that offers programs on healthy and sustainable food production and teaches skills for small-scale suburban and urban farming techniques, illustrating sustainable living practices for the region and local communities. We are dedicated to donating at the minimum 10% of our produce to food pantries.
- Volunteers aged 13 and up are encouraged to apply
- Volunteers under 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian while volunteering.
- Volunteer waivers are required and can be obtained by contacting the farm or will be sent to you once you sign up for this opportunity with a valid email address.
Starting in April and throughout the summer, we need volunteers who can help with planting, caring for and harvesting our crops, maintaining our gardens and helping with events. Volunteer tasks include, but are not limited to:
- U-Pick Volunteers: Saturdays & Sundays
- Harvesting Team: Tuesday, Thursday & Friday mornings
- Field Team (plants, weeding, watering, etc.): Monday, Wednesday and Fridays
- Garden Maintenance: front flower gardens Mon, Friday
- Weed Warriors: Wednesdays 9:30 -12noon
- Event assistants
We need enthusiastic and committed volunteers during the growing season April - November. Become part of our farm family and help us make a difference. Click here to register for an orientation.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: