Pro Bono or Internship Description Working with MSP Mt. Vernon Lawyer : I am seeking law students, pro bono (or even Spanish speaking college students) to assist with and support me
• Assisting in preparation of motions, exhibits, affidavits, petitions, memos of law, financial affidavits, trial questions, etc.
• Accompanying Lawyer to Court and assisting with all aspects of case.
• Researching visitation, custody, child support issues, and family offense issues. Assisting in researching consequences of criminal matters for clientsLegal support activities include:
• Translations, if Spanish speaking
• Outreach to other service providers and updating referral information
Legal Services of the Hudson Valley, the only provider of free, comprehensive legal help in civil matters (non criminal) for children and families who cannot afford an attorney when their basic human needs are at stake, is looking for volunteers to assist with administrative tasks in its White Plains office. Tasks include data entry, filing, scanning and copying. The hours and days of availability are flexible, but only during standard business hours Monday through Friday.