2022 Thomas Paine Colonial Fair & Juneteenth Celebration
The closing event of the 2022 Thomas Paine Festival turns the grounds of the Thomas Paine Cottage and Paine Memorial Building into Colonial times and includes activities commemorating Juneteenth. This free community event brings awareness to three historical sites—Paine Cottage, Paine Monument, and Paine Memorial Building—and officially opens the Thomas Paine New Rochelle Center with fife and drum corp.
On 6/17 from 9-11:45 a.m.:
- Friday Setup Crew: help set up for the Colonial Fair
On 6/18 from 9-10:45 a.m.:
- Saturday Setup Crew: help set up various tables, game sites, and supplies
On 6/18 from 10:45 a.m.-4:15 p.m.:
- Saturday Event Volunteers:
- Games & Activities: pirate potato sack race, scavenger/activity hunt, ring toss, timed puzzle game, corn hole game
- Schoolteacher: one room schoolteacher with his lesson plans, writing with quill pens, and special video presentations
- Arts & Crafts Table: assist children with finger painting, coloring, puzzles, creating Juneteenth flags
- Juneteenth Dessert Table: hand out desserts and replenish supplies as needed
- Music Entertainment: gather children for musical entertainment and militia drills
- Paine Museum Guides: one volunteer stationed on each floor of cottage to assist with general questions and to keep an eye on museum items
On 6/18 from 3:30-4:15 p.m.:
- Musical Performance Setup Crew: help set up about 50 folding chairs inside tent and remove any items previously inside tent area
On 6/18 from 5:30-8:30 p.m.:
- Saturday Breakdown Crew: help pack up all tables, chairs, and supplies
Volunteers are encouraged to sign up for one or more shifts below!
Age Minimum (with Adult): 14+, Minimum Age:17+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: