Make a Healthy Hygiene Kit for a Young Child
Did you know that SNAP benefits (commonly referred to as food stamps) do not cover basic hygiene products such as soap and shampoo? Thousands of cash-strapped families are struggling right now to provide food and shelter, and hygiene products have become a luxury they cannot afford. Help address this basic human need and reduce a stress on local families.
Volunteers are needed to create hygiene kits for young children containing the items listed below. Donations should be packaged in a large zip-close bag or a cellophane bag. Be creative! Include a personalized card or note to the child who will receive the donation or draw a picture. (Please keep messages generic—no holiday wishes—in order to be mindful of all beliefs.)
- Child-size toothbrush
- Full-size toothpaste
- Bar of soap (in packaging)
- Full-size shampoo
- Full-size conditioner
- Express interest below to record this opportunity in your Volunteer New York! profile
- MANDATORY: purchase the items above and package them according to the instructions. Include your note, card, or drawing. Deliver items to:
Sharing Shelf Warehouse
47 Purdy Avenue
Port Chester, NY 10573
Age Minimum (with Adult): 5+, Minimum Age:13+, Court Ordered Volunteer - Allowed
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: