Age Minimum (with Adult):2+, Minimum Age:14+
Celebrate Volunteer New York!'s Birthday with the Birthday Giving Project
Help us celebrate our birthday by helping others celebrate theirs.
What better way to help the only nonprofit in Westchester that connects volunteers to opportunities celebrate its birthday than by volunteering?
Our Goal: 65 Birthday Celebrations in a Box/Bag
Family-to-Family, Inc.'s Birthday Giving Project connects families with more to families in need so that children can celebrate their birthdays.
How it works?
The idea is to decorate and fill shoe boxes with everything needed for a small birthday party. (Or, pretty, decorated shopping bags can be used instead.) Each box goes to a different child.
- a box cake mix
- a can of frosting
- birthday candles (no matches please!)
- a wall decoration (like streamers, or a happy birthday banner)
- a children’s book for the aged child you are making the box for
- another small $5-$10 dollar gift for that child (If you like, you can include a goody bag filled with small surprises instead of the $5-$10 gift)
- If you are making a lot of boxes, please make them for different ages.
- Wrap the book and gift separately in birthday paper
- Wrap the top and bottom of the box separately so that it can still be opened while wrapped
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: