Donate Supplies to Support Hurricane Fiona Survivors in Puerto Rico
AFYA Foundation is working with partners on the ground to prepare and deliver first aid, wound care, and personal hygiene supplies to families reeling from the category 3 hurricane that hit Puerto Rico on September 18, 2022. The storm caused catastrophic damage across the island. Volunteers are desperately needed to collect or purchase any or all of the items below and donate them to AFYA Foundation's warehouse. This is a perfect project for a religious, school, or professional group looking to make a difference.
- Bars of soap
- Dental floss
- Baby diapers (all sizes)
- Adult diapers
- Feminine hygiene products (pads, tampons, underwear)
- Abdominal pads
- Antibiotic cream
- Antiseptics (less than 3 oz.; no alcohol-based products)
- Bandages (Ace, Coban, Esmark, packing strips)
- Cold/Hot packs
- Gauze sterile pads and rolls (all sizes)
- Large adhesive dressings
- Medical tape
- Non-latex gloves
- Pre-packaged first aid kits
- Skin prep: Benzalkonium Chloride (BZK) towelettes and small swab sticks
- AFYA cannot accept any supplies that will expire before April 2023
- AFYA is asking for full-size supplies (NOT travel-size)
- Hygiene supplies should be gender-neutral if possible
- Hygiene supplies should be fragrance-free if possible
This project requires volunteers to follow specific guidelines:
- Express interest below to record this opportunity in your Volunteer New York! profile and to alert the volunteer coordinator. If planning to donate as a group, select "Express Interest with a Family, Group, or Team."
- Collect the items listed above.
- Please pay careful attention to the guidelines and expiration dates!
- Groups that are planning large collections MUST email the volunteer coordinator separately (contact info provided in confirmation email from Volunteer New York! after expressing interest) to schedule a time to drop off.
- Drop off items at the following location Monday-Friday from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.:
140 Saw Mill River Road
Yonkers, NY 10701
Age Minimum (with Adult): 5+, Minimum Age:15+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: