Help Mount Vernon Neighbors with Rental Assistance Applications
United Way of Westchester and Putnam is seeking volunteers to help qualifying residents of Westchester County complete their applications for the Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) of New York State as a part of the local eviction moratorium effort. Volunteers will be using provided iPads to directly help residents apply for benefits they qualify for.
Volunteers must meet the following requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be able to travel to the Mount Vernon Public Library (address information provided once registered) for volunteer service in person; remote opportunities available
- Must be able to commit to a 1-hour virtual training
- Must be able to commit to a minimum of two, 4-hour volunteer shifts, totaling 8 hours of volunteer service. Shifts are available on weekdays from 1-4 p.m. and 2-6 p.m. and on Saturdays from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. throughout August
- Must be willing to undergo a background check (at no expense to the volunteer)
- Must be able to utilize technology provided
- Bilingual applicants are strongly encouraged to apply (but not a requirement)
Masks are required on-site for unvaccinated individuals. Volunteers MUST show valid proof of vaccination if they choose to forgo wearing a mask. This policy is subject to change based on local COVID-19 ordinances and the site's discretion.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: