Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Vaccination Site Volunteers
WMCHealth is managing several New York State COVID-19 vaccination sites in Westchester, Rockland, Orange, and Ulster Counties. (Once volunteers are screened, they will be able to select their preferred shifts and locations.) Volunteers are needed to assist guests after they have been screened and checked in at the registration desk in the main lobby, as well as to help guests book their second dose appointments while they are receiving their vaccinations.
This is a call for new volunteers who have not already registered for this program. If you have already completed these steps, please consult the invitation-only email we sent to you when you passed your orientation, background check, and HIPAA requirements.
To join this historic effort to help stop the spread of COVID-19, please read the following information carefully.
- Volunteer Scribes:
- Help schedule guests for their second appointments alongside the clinicians in the vaccination room
- Interact with guests with PPE and infection control precautions in place
- Support the Patient Accounts team
- Guest Experience:
- Welcome and reassure guests once they check in
- Keep the queue moving forward
- Answer basic questions about the process (NOTE: volunteers do NOT provide medical services or advice; all medical-related questions can be answered by healthcare professionals while receiving the vaccine itself)
- Direct newly vaccinated guests to the appropriate observation room; assist EMTs with monitoring for allergic or medical reactions, if needed
- Other general tasks, as needed
Training, schedule, and expectations
- Volunteers are expected to commit to at least one shift per week
- Volunteers will be trained on-site
- Volunteers should expect to be on their feet and moving; please wear comfortable footwear and clothing
- Volunteers MUST wear masks and adhere to social distancing protocols at all times. PPE will be provided if needed. Volunteers will receive a T-shirt or apron to help distinguish them from guests and other staff
- Volunteers will have access to staff-designated bathrooms and light refreshments
This opportunity requires multiple steps that may take at least a full business week to complete.
- Click "Express Interest" below; you will be provided with a link to WMCHealth Network's online application (emailed to you)
- Complete the WMCHealth Network application
- Once approved, complete the Articulate 360 online orientation (emailed to you)
- Once approved, complete the CARCO background check (emailed to you)
- Once approved, complete the HIPAA requirement (emailed to you)
- Once approved, sign up for shifts with Volunteer New York! (emailed to you)
Through the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), patients have the right to have his/her health information kept private, secure and confidential.
Please protect the confidentiality of patient information at all times in the course of your service. This includes not using personal cameras and cell phones inside the facility. Sharing photos and or posting them to social media from within the vaccination POD is prohibited.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: