Alliance for Safe Kids (ASK) is dedicated to connecting the community's youth and their families to helpful resources regarding mental health, prevention of substance abuse, and thoughtful service.
ASK is looking for volunteers—both researchers and editors—to help recommend their favorite resources on various topics, as well as review the recommendations in its current resource guides. These resources can include website links, book recommendations, YouTube videos, social media posts, and relevant articles.Note:
This is a self-directed project. Volunteers do not need to wait for the coordinator to respond before beginning this project. This project is ideal for youth who want practice in researching and editing or students who need to complete community service hours.
- Express interest below to record this opportunity in your Volunteer New York! profile
- Decide whether you'd like to research new recommendations or help edit/revise existing ones (you can also do both!):
- Researchers (to make new recommendations): familiarize yourself with the resource guides in the list below. Compile new resources that you think would be useful for local youth regarding mental health, prevention of substance abuse, and thoughtful service (volunteering). Make sure you record the name, contact information, website, organization overview or mission, and category of each recommendation.
- Editors (to review existing recommendations): select any or all of the resource guides in the list below. Carefully review each resource in the guides to ensure the name, contact information, website, organization overview, and category are accurate.
- Email your new recommendations or corrections to existing resources to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please share which guide you're providing resources for, and whether you are providing new recommendations or corrections.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 12+, Minimum Age:14+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: