GiGi’s Playhouse Down Syndrome Achievement Center, Westchester is currently looking for a Volunteer Coordinator (volunteer). As our organization is 98% volunteer led, we place a great deal of emphasis on recruiting our volunteers as they are integral to the success of our Playhouse.
• Commitment of 5-15 hours per week, can be shared between 2 volunteers
• Serve as primary contact for volunteers
• Schedule and conduct monthly volunteer orientations
• Conduct individual volunteer orientations as necessary
• Plan Volunteer Appreciation
• Works closely with the Board of Managers, Site Coordinator, Program Coordinator and the National Office
• Must be 18+
• Attend an orientation
• Observe two programs
• Once the above requirements have been fulfilled a background check is required if 18+.
• Attend specific training for the role.