Age Minimum (with Adult): 8+, Minimum Age:18+
Shabbat Shalom Westchester: Brighten the Day of a Westchester Senior
Interested in brightening the day of a local senior? DOROT is looking for volunteers to visit and deliver packages to older adults nearby as part of its Shabbat Shalom Westchester program. This program is offered to all of DOROT's seniors in Westchester.
- To participate, pick up a package with challah and grape juice on Wednesday, May 22 between 7 and 8 p.m. Mandatory orientation for new volunteers takes place at 7:30 p.m.
- At that time, volunteers will receive the senior’s name, phone number, and address.
- Call the senior and arrange a visit that works for both of you within the next few days. Plan on spending 30 minutes to an hour for your visit. Children eight and older only please; maximum four volunteers in a group.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: