Board Member for Youth Development Organization
Established in 2008, Youth Voices Center, Inc. is dedicated to promoting positive youth development among adolescents through its Power of Peace program offered in schools, community centers, and youth groups.
Youth Voices Center is a 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to ensuring that it recruits the board members it needs to ensure maximum impact and strives to support and promote excellence in board service.
The Youth Voices Center Board of Directors comprises leaders from the nonprofit and for-profit sector who are dedicated to the organization’s mission.
Our board members champion the importance of exceptional board leadership and believe that each and every organization needs a strong and effective board to fully realize its potential for good. In addition to the standard roles and responsibilities of a board member, our board members are active advocates and ambassadors for the organization and are fully engaged in identifying and securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary for Youth Voices Center to advance its mission.
- The Youth Voices Center Board of Directors comprises leaders from the nonprofit and for-profit sector who are dedicated to the organization’s mission. Serving on the Youth Voices Center Board of Directors is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about strengthening leadership and governance in the nonprofit sector and more importantly, passionate about the future of our youth.
- Board members are expected to have the financial acumen to read and understand financial statements and to otherwise help the board fulfill its fiduciary responsibilities.
- Board members are expected to attend four board meetings per year. They are expected to read board materials in advance of board meetings and to come prepared to ask questions and participate in discussions.
- Board members are expected to play an active role in securing the financial resources necessary for Youth Voices Center to achieve its mission. Board members are expected to leverage personal relationships and connections to help the development committee and staff identify and solicit potential funders, as well as directly invest in Youth Voice Center’s work by making a personal contribution each year.
- Board members are expected to responsibly represent Youth Voices Center to their respective communities and to advocate for its mission, programs, and services as appropriate.
- Board terms last for two years and board members can serve for up to three consecutive terms.
Desired Skills and Expertise
We are currently recruiting for diverse leaders with expertise in the following area:
- Youth Voices Center seeks a well-connected leader who is passionate about improving the lives of youth and can leverage his/her networks and resources in support of efforts to positively impact the environment in which Youth Voices Center does its work.
- The ideal candidate has a track-record of supporting youth and strong connections to local decision makers who are in a position to positively impact Youth Voices Center’s mission.
- The ideal board candidate should have prior nonprofit board member experience or have received formal board training.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: