Age Minimum (with Adult): 15+, Minimum Age:15+
Saturday Creative Arts Therapy Volunteer
Heartsong provides a unique Saturday program of Art, Music and Dance Movement Therapy for individuals with disabilities. Participants will build on social skills, language, self-esteem, fine motor skills and more.
Heartsong runs on 4 semesters e.g. Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer. All semesters are 10 weeks long, however we encourage volunteers to try and commit to 2 semesters. (Heartsong also offers a Winter Vacation break program Feb 20-23rd which is posted seperately).
- Summer 2018 (4 Dates ONLY 8:45am-11:45am) July 21&28 AND August 4&11
- Fall 2018 (September 8th -December 8th)
- Winter 2018 semester (January 5th-March 30th)
- Spring 2018 semester (April 6th- June 15th
- Summer Dates 4 dates ONLY (8:45am -11:45am)
- 9.00am - 2.00pm: Volunteers commit to 1-3hrs
- Work directly with participants to engage them in therapy sessions under the supervision of Lead Therapists
- Help with set-up and clean-up
- Applicants must be 15 years of age or older ( Volunteers under 17 MUST attend orientation with a parent)
- Submission of volunteer application, including medical form to be completed by physician, and attend a mandatory orientation session e.g. Fall orientation Sept. 8, 2018 (9-12pm)
- Regular and reliable commitment to assignment
- Ability to demonstrate compassion, patience and follow directions
Potential volunteers can choose to sign-up for 1or 3 hrs, session times range from 8:45-1:45pm. Volunteers will be assigned to a group that they will accompany for 10 weeks.) Priority for volunteer positions are dependent on the order in which applications are received and applicants who are available for assigned program dates.
Please "Express Interest" below: Heartsong Volunteer Application-Please fill out and email your application to email@example.com or Fax to 914-358-5613
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: